TRAVELS TO GREECE
The procedures for entry into Greece described below have been extended until July, 29th 2021.
Regardless of nationality and methods of entry into Greece (international flight, ferries, land crossings, etc.), all travelers who have already turned 12 must:
- Fill in an online form on this site (not accessible with Internet Explorer), the Passenger Locator Form (PLF), with which they must provide information on the place of origin, the duration of previous stays in other countries and the address of their stay in Greece. It should be noted that the travel.gov.gr page is managed by the Greek authorities and not by the Italian Embassy in Athens.
For questions related to the operation of the site and / or doubts about entering the country related to filling in the PLF, you can contact the assistance number indicated by the Greek authorities: (0030) 2155605151 (in English or Greek).
- Submit the Covid-EU Digital Certification, or alternatively one of the following:
- a) vaccination certificate attesting the completion of the vaccination cycle for at least 14 days;
- b) negative PCR test certificate carried out in the 72 hours prior to entry into Greece;
- c) negative certificate of rapid antigen test carried out within 48 hours prior to entry into Greece;
- d) certificate of cure or Covid positivity provided that 1) The test certifying positivity is carried out at least 30 days after being positive for the first time; 2) The test certifying positivity dates back to a period between nine (9) and two (2) months before entering Greece.
All the aforementioned certificates can be in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian or Greek.
Passengers without PLF and one of the certificates referred to in point 2) may be refused boarding.
Furthermore, the possibility remains in force for all incoming passengers to be subjected, on a sample basis, to a rapid test carried out upon arrival in Greece. The sample test, if selected, is mandatory: the Greek authorities reserve the right to refuse entry to the country to those who refuse to undergo the rapid test. In case of positivity, a mandatory 10-day isolation period is envisaged for travellers who tested positive and for their next contacts in special “quarantine hotels” (accommodation costs are covered by the Greek State), where new tests will be carried out to verify the initial diagnosis. More information on the measures envisaged for entry into Greece is available on the following website, by the Greek Civil Protection: https://travel.gov.gr/#/
TRAVELS FROM GREECE
- Igoumenitsa – Brindisi
- Corfu – Brindisi
- Igoumenitsa – Ancona
- Patras – Ancona
- Corfu – Ancona
Since the regulatory provisions change abruptly, it will be the responsibility of each passenger to check the national and regional restrictions in force before each journey – both outward and return journeys.
According to the Ordinance of May 14, 2021 of the Minister of Health, in order to enter Italy, in case of stay or transit from Greece in the previous 14 days it is required to fill in an online localization form (also called Passenger Locator Form digital (dPLF).
Once connected to the site, you need to:
- Follow the wizard to access the PLF
- Choose “Italy” as the destination country
- Register by creating a personal account with username and password (you only need to do it the first time)
- Fill in and send the PLF following the guided procedure
Once the form has been sent, the passenger will receive the PLF in pdf format and QRcode at the e-mail address indicated during registration, which he will have to show directly from his smartphone (in digital format) at the time of boarding and to anyone appointed to carry out the controls.
According to the Ordinance of 18 June 2021, from 21 June it is also mandatory to present the Green Certification Covid-19 issued or recognized pursuant to Article 9, paragraph 2, lett. c), of the law decree 22 April 2021, n. 52, which shows, alternatively:
- anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination took place, with certification of completion of the prescribed vaccination cycle for at least fourteen days;
- recovery from COVID-19, with simultaneous cessation of the isolation prescribed following infection with SARS-CoV-2;
- carrying out, in the forty-eight hours prior to entry into the national territory, a rapid or molecular antigen test with negative results for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Children under six (6) years of age are exempted from carrying out the molecular or antigenic test, but not from the obligation of isolation, where applicable. Children under eighteen (18) years are exempted from the obligation of isolation (where provided) only if they are accompanied by an adult (parent or other companion) in possession of Covid Green Certification.
In the event that it is not possible to present the Covid-19 Green Certification, it is still possible to enter Italy, provided that:
- Undergo fiduciary isolation and health surveillance for a period of ten (10) days, at the home or residence, informing the Prevention Department of the competent local Health Authority;
- Carry out a molecular or antigenic test at the end of fiduciary isolation.
The exceptions, valid both for those returning from countries of group C and group E, remain those already sent previously:
– Entry for reasons of health, work or special needs and for a duration of less than / equal to 120 hours
– Transit with own vehicles for a duration of less than / equal to 36 hours
Before embarking on the journey, consult the pages http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimenti-insight/saluteinviaggio; http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/country/GRC)