Multi-risk insurance offers extensive insurance coverage which includes the following guarantees:
- Reimbursement in case of penalty for cancellation of the trip (for cases other than those managed as per art. 88bis Italian DL 18/2020) *
- Additional reimbursement – within the respective ceilings – in case of damage / theft / loss of baggage during the crossing;
- Reimbursement or payment of indemnity – within the respective ceilings – in the event of: accidents, medical expenses, hospitalization caused by Covid-19 infection and subsequent convalescence, travel interruption caused by quarantine or isolation;
- Personal assistance, vehicle assistance, home assistance and home assistance for family members who stay at home.
For a detailed description of the guarantees and the respective operational limits, please refer to the insurance conditions contained in the Information Set.
The gross premium for each insured person is € 3.80 one way.
A special discounted gross premium of € 11.40 one way applies for bookings referred to 4 paying passengers, 2 adults and 2 childs (under 12 years).
The Multi-risk insurance can be included at the time of booking, or afterwards but not later than 30 days before departure (in the latter case by contacting the Grimaldi Lines call center at +39 081.496.444 or email@example.com)
* In the Covid-19 pandemic scenario, passengers forced to cancel their trip due to Covid-19 infection or traffic restrictions, imposed by the legislation in force at the time of departure, are entitled to receive a voucher from the carrier (ticket’s equal amount), regardless of the purchase of the insurance policy. The insurance coverage is valid for cancellations occurred due to different reasons and extends the protection of the passenger.