For Grimaldi Lines Tour Operator “Events on board” and “Ship + Hotel” packages, the General Conditions shown on the website www.grimaldi-touroperator.com apply. The single travel programs can be consulted on the website www.grimaldi-lines.com
For tickets issued through other tour operators, the special modification and cancellation conditions established by the single tour operators apply.
For “Groups” the General Conditions of Transport for group travel apply (“General Conditions of Transport for Groups”), communicated in the booking and which can be consulted on the website www.grimaldi-lines.com
- DEFINITIONS. Carrier: Grimaldi Euromed S.p.A; Accompanying vehicle: the motor vehicle (including any towed vehicle) embarked with a passenger, used for the carriage of persons and goods not intended for sale, owned by or legally at the disposal of the passenger named on the ticket; PRM: person whose mobility is reduced, in the use of transport, due to physical disability (sensory or locomotory, permanent or temporary), mental disability or impairment, or any other cause of disability, or due to age, whose condition requires appropriate attention and adaptation of the service to meet specific needs; Service Contract: Concession contract for the public service of maritime transport of passengers, vehicles and goods between Naples, Cagliari, Palermo and vice versa and Civitavecchia, Arbatax, Cagliari and vice versa, signed with the Ministry of Infrastructure and Sustainable Mobility; Lines in convention: Naples-Cagliari, Cagliari-Naples, Cagliari-Palermo, Palermo-Cagliari, Civitavecchia-Arbatax, Arbatax-Civitavecchia, Civitavecchia-Cagliari, Cagliari-Civitavecchia.
- SHIPS. The ships in service are Ro/Pax or Cruise Ferries, used to transport passengers and goods.
- APPLICABLE RULES. The contract of carriage of passengers, their luggage and accompanying vehicles is governed by Regulation (EU) no. 1177/2010, Regulation (EC) no. 392/2009, the Athens Convention of 13/12/1974 as amended by the London Protocol of 01/11/2002, the Italian Navigation Code as interpreted in accordance with Italian law and any subsequent amendments to the above legislation and/or any new sector regulations. For transport services between Naples, Cagliari, Palermo and vice versa and Civitavecchia, Arbatax, Cagliari and vice versa, the provisions of the Service Contract also apply.
- POWER OF THE MASTER. The Master of the vessel has full authority to proceed without a pilot, to tow and assist other vessels under any circumstances, to deviate from the ordinary route, to call at any port (whether or not on the ship’s itinerary), to transfer passengers and their luggage to another vessel in order to continue the voyage. The carrier and, on its behalf, the Master of the ship, have the right to refuse boarding to anyone who, in their sole discretion, is not healthy enough to undertake the journey. If the Master refuses to embark the passenger for a justified reason, the Carrier will only be required to refund the cost of the ticket. Furthermore, the Carrier and, on its behalf, the Master of the ship, have the right to disembark during the voyage, in any intermediate port, any passenger who is not healthy enough to continue the voyage or who causes danger or disturbance to other passengers or the crew. The passenger is subject to the disciplinary powers of the Master of the ship for all matters relating to the safety of the ship and navigation. The Carrier and the Master of the ship will be entitled to execute any order or directive given by Governments and Authorities of any State or by subjects acting or declaring that they are acting on behalf of or with the consent of such Governments or Authorities or any other subject who, according to the terms of the war risk insurance cover of the ship, have the right to give such orders or directives. All actions and omissions made by the Carrier or the Master, in execution or as a consequence of such orders or directives, shall not be considered as breaches of contract. The disembarkation of passengers, luggage and the accompanying vehicle in accordance with such orders or directives releases the Carrier from any liability for the continuation of the journey or the repatriation of passengers.
- LIMITS OF LIABILITY. The Carrier’s liability for loss of life, bodily injury and/or loss of or damage to baggage, accompanying vehicle, valuables, personal effects and/or other passenger property may in no case exceed the limits provided for by the Athens Convention of 13/12/1974 as amended by the London Protocol of 01/11/2002 and/or the Italian Navigation Code and/or other Italian and international sector regulations that may be applicable.
- RULES ON BOARD. Passengers must strictly observe the rules on board and to comply with the regulations in force for maritime transport and, in particular, those relating to safety at sea. Smoking is forbidden on board in all covered areas. The crew is legitimately responsible for ensuring that this prohibition is observed and for reporting any non-compliance to the competent authorities in accordance with Italian Law 3 of 16/1/03 and its implementing agreement of 16/12/04. Failure to comply with a provision of the law, the ship’s rules, orders or regulations of the Authorities relating to safety is punishable in accordance with the civil and criminal laws in force. In accordance with the applicable anti-terrorist regulations (ISPS), passengers may at any time have their luggage and/or vehicle inspected and/or be asked to produce identity documents by the ship’s officers.
- BOOKING, PURCHASE AND ISSUE OF TICKETS. Tickets can be purchased on www.grimaldi-lines.com, through the Grimaldi Lines call centre, the Grimaldi offices and agents, travel agencies and web operators. Tickets are issued upon payment of the total amount due. In the case of reservations with deferred payment, if confirmation and payment are not received by the deadline, the reservation shall lapse. In accordance with safety regulations, when booking or purchasing a ticket, you must provide:
- for journeys on national routes, name, surname, date of birth for each passenger including children of any age; make, model and license plate of the accompanying vehicle.
- for travel between countries in the Schengen area, name, surname, date of birth and valid document number with relative expiry date, for each passenger, including children of any age; make, model and license plate of the accompanying vehicle.
- for travel on non-Schengen routes, name, surname, date of birth and valid passport number with relative expiry date, for each passenger, including children of any age; make, model and license plate of the accompanying vehicle.
The data entered on the ticket must match the passengers and vehicles travelling; otherwise, access may be denied. Tickets (the transport contract) may be issued in paper or electronic form. When checking in, passengers must show their ticket or provide their booking number to receive their boarding pass, without prejudice to the provisions of Article 399 of the Italian Navigation Code.
- FARES. The fares for the services offered can be found on the website www.grimaldi-lines.comin the purchase form. Any increase or decrease in fares does not affect bookings that have already been made or opted for. For online purchases, once the passenger selects the quoted price, the fare cannot change during the ticket purchase process. For promotions, the passenger may purchase a ticket at the discounted price (Special Fare – non-refundable) or at the full price (Standard Fare – refundable in case of cancellation within the limits and under the conditions set out in paragraph 23).
- CABIN ASSIGNMENT. In order to optimise the allocation of cabins, the Carrier reserves the right to assign passengers a cabin with a smaller number of beds than that selected at the time of booking/purchase, it being understood that, except for the number of beds – in any case not less than the number of passengers booked – the assigned accommodation will have the same characteristics as the one booked in terms of category, size and price.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. All passengers, including children and infants, must be in possession of a valid identity document when checking in at the port. Otherwise boarding will being denied, with no right to a refund. Under no circumstances will boarding be permitted with mere self-certification pursuant to Italian Presidential Decree 445/2000. In the case of travel within the national territory, the identity card or the presentation of one of the identification documents deemed equivalent by article 35, paragraph 2, of Italian Presidential Decree no. 445 of 28 December 2000 is sufficient. When travelling in Schengen countries, the person concerned must always be in possession of a recognised document valid for crossing borders: identity card valid for travel abroad or passport. For travel to non-Schengen countries, the following documents are considered valid: passport. Please refer to www.poliziadistato.it/articolo/24725for details about the necessary documentation. Passengers without Italian citizenship are advised to consult the competent authority for their country of origin. Before embarking on the journey, passengers must ensure that they are in possession of all documentation required to disembark at the port of destination. The Carrier will not be liable for any refusal by local authorities.
- CHECK-IN AND BOARDING. Passengers must arrive at check-in at least two hours prior to departure (from/to Tunisia three hours prior to departure), except in exceptional cases, as promptly communicated by the Company. If passengers fail to arrive within the said time limit, they lose their right to board, even if they have a ticket. Check-in can take place at the ticket office with delivery of the boarding card, or on the yard facing the ship (the ship (only for national lines, which have fast check-in procedure) with the possibility of printing the boarding card at the totems on board. The order in which vehicles are boarded is determined by the Master of the Ship and/or his/her subordinates and officers, as well as the place where the vehicle is to be parked.
- BOARDING MINOR PASSENGERS. Minor passengers must be in possession of a valid individual identity document in accordance with the provisions of Regulation EC no. 2252/2004. (see § TRAVEL DOCUMENTS). Passengers under 14 years of age may only travel when accompanied by a person of legal age. If this person is not a parent (or guardian), a declaration signed by the parents/guardians must be handed over to the Master of the ship or the Commissioner, whereby they entrust the child to the designated accompanying person, who will be responsible for the child for all legal purposes. This declaration must be accompanied by the valid identity documents of both parents/guardians and, in the case of non-EU nationals, the residence permit where the child is registered. Minor passengers over 14 years of age may be admitted on board the ship provided that they provide the Master of the ship or the Commissioner with a letter of release signed by both parents, with their respective identity documents attached, in which they declare that they assume all responsibility for any personal injury and/or damage caused to third parties. Under no circumstances shall the Master of the ship and/or any other member of the crew take custody of, and be responsible for, the child on board the ship. It is understood that passengers will be responsible for providing all necessary documentation required by the country of destination and the Carrier assumes no responsibility if such documentation is deemed insufficient by the authorities at the port of destination.
- BOARDING PREGNANT WOMEN. Women who are over 6 months pregnant may only travel if they have a medical certificate authorising them to travel, issued no more than 7 days before departure. In cases of high-risk pregnancy, the pregnant passenger must have a medical certificate authorising travel regardless of the months of pregnancy. In any case, the passenger will not be allowed to embark if the birth is due in the 7 days following departure or has taken place in the 7 days preceding departure. This is without prejudice to the right of the Master of the ship to refuse to allow the passenger to embark if her condition or other circumstances, in his/her sole discretion, do not allow her to undertake the journey in complete safety.
- BOARDING PERSONS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY. Reservations and tickets are offered to PRMs under the same conditions as all other passengers, at no extra cost. The Carrier and the terminal operators will make all reasonable efforts to ensure adequate assistance to PRMs during embarkation and disembarkation and on board the ship. It is the responsibility of PRMs to communicate in writing, at the time of ticket purchase or at least forty-eight hours before the assistance is needed (24 hours in advance for Convention Lines), their specific requirements for accommodation, seating, services requested or the need to carry medical equipment. Requests for assistance should be sent to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PRM must be present at the port at the agreed time, and in any case at least 60 minutes before the departure time (30 minutes before for Lines in Convention). In order to ensure priority boarding of PRM with its own vehicle, and to assign the dedicated parking space on board, it will be necessary to show up at the port two and a half hours before boarding (three and a half hours before if traveling to/from Tunisia ). After this deadline, dedicated parking and priority boarding cannot be guaranteed. Once arrived at the port, the PMR must go to the dedicated Grimaldi Lines PMR ASSISTANCE desk, where they will be checked in and given an adhesive coupon to be affixed to the vehicle. Alternatively, the PMR can do the fast check-in only for national lines. So, the PMR can go directly to the square in front of the embarkation pier to carry out the fast check-in, and must make himself recognizable by turning on the 4 arrows and/or placing an A4 sheet with the word PMR on the car dashboard, which he will have received during the booking as an attachment to the ticket, waiting for an employee to provide the type of assistance needed and indicate where to park the car on the garage deck, to reach the lifts more comfortably, providing the on-board wheelchair, if necessary. On arrival on board, these vehicles will be directed as a priority to on-board parking areas intended for them, allowing full mobility of PRMs and easy access to passenger areas. If it is strictly necessary pursuant to Article 8 of European Regulation no. 1177/2010, the Carrier may require the PRM to be accompanied by another person capable of providing the necessary assistance. In this case, the accompanying person is transported free of charge. If for justified safety reasons and/or due to the design of the ship or the port infrastructure and equipment (including port terminals) it is absolutely impossible to allow the safe or feasible embarkation, disembarkation or transport of a PRM, the Carrier may refuse to accept the reservation and/or issue the ticket and/or deny embarkation, giving immediate notice of the reasons. PRMs who are denied boarding for the above reasons have the right to choose between reimbursement or re-routing (as soon as possible or at a later date of their choice). In accordance with the applicable legislation and in particular with Regulation (EU) No. 1177/2010 and Regulation (EU) No. 392/2009, the Carrier will provide compensation for damage resulting from the loss of or damage to mobility equipment or other specific equipment used by PRMs, if the damaging event is attributable to its fault or negligence. In order to be able to claim damages, passengers may send a written request to the Company by e-mail to the address email@example.com by ordinary registered mail and certified e-mail, possibly using the special claim form available on the Company’s institutional website. If needed, the Carrier will make every effort to swiftly provide suitable temporary replacement equipment. On board, assistance to PRMs is provided by the Commissioner or other person appointed. Crew members chosen to assist PRMs must always wear a white/blue armband with the word ASSISTANCE on their arm so that they can be easily recognised by passengers. In case of emergency, the person appointed helps the PRM to reach the meeting point and the boarding points. Access to the ship’s decks is facilitated by the presence of lifts fitted with a luminous keypad, audio and appropriate keys for blind passengers. Cabins equipped for PRMs are available on board the ships, in accordance with the relevant regulations. In public areas, routes leading to the main on-board services are highlighted with tactile guides. There are also dedicated and equipped toilets for PRMs. On board ships there are places reserved for PRMs, marked with identification plates and equipped for fixing wheelchairs.
- DRIVERS. By driver is meant the driver of a commercial vehicle boarded on the ship. There can be up to two drivers per vehicle. The price of the passage is established by the Grimaldi Freight Office and must be included in the bill of lading, together with the driver’s name and surname. The driver must be in possession of the identity documents required for travel and disembarkation in the country of destination. For the purposes of SOLAS and the Decree of 13/10/1999, drivers are similar to passengers.
- ACCOMPANYING VEHICLES. Only one accompanying vehicle per passenger is permitted. No reimbursement is due for failure to board a vehicle containing goods for sale. All commercial vehicles, with or without a driver, must travel as freight, except for tourist buses accompanying groups of passengers. If the vehicle belongs to a different booking code than the one indicated on the ticket, passengers have to pay the difference between the categories plus the change fees. Otherwise, they lose the right to board and do not receive a refund. The accompanying vehicle is embarked and disembarked by the passenger, who, once it is parked in the place indicated by the on-board representative, is obliged to switch off the engine, engage the gear, pull the handbrake and lock the vehicle. Access to the garage area remains closed during the entire crossing. Non-running vehicles may not be boarded with passengers and must travel as freight. It is compulsory, when boarding, to declare whether the accompanying vehicle is equipped with a CNG or LPG fuel system. The CNG fuel system must comply with all applicable regulations on the subject and this compliance must be duly certified in the vehicle registration document. During the time the vehicles are stowed on board, the CNG tank shut-off valves must remain closed. The passenger must be in possession of all the documents required for disembarkation and customs clearance of the vehicle at the port of destination. The carrier declines all liability in the event of incomplete documentation. All costs and expenses arising from the embarkation, disembarkation and customs clearance of the vehicle are the responsibility of the passenger. Any damage caused by the vehicle to the ship and/or third parties must be paid for directly by the passenger who caused it, or through his or her insurance company. However, the passenger may at any time be asked to sign a damage liability declaration before disembarking from the ship. We recommend taking out an insurance policy to cover any damage that may occur during maritime transport for which the Carrier cannot be held liable. The Carrier shall only be liable for damages resulting from its direct responsibility and within the limits provided for by the Italian Navigation Code or by any applicable International Convention. The classification of vehicle categories is carried out by the Carrier and is available at www.grimaldi-lines.com on the purchase screen.
- LUGGAGE. Only items containing personal effects are allowed as luggage. Dangerous and harmful goods are not allowed without prejudice to current safety regulations. Passengers are kindly requested to take with them at all times the luggage necessary for the crossing, as the garage decks are closed while sailing. If you travel with cabin accommodation, you are entitled to carry along only one suitcase; if you have chosen armchair or deck passage accommodation, you can only carry a small piece of carry-on luggage. The Carrier’s liability for luggage cannot exceed the limits provided for by the Athens Convention of 13/12/1974 as amended by the London Protocol of 01/11/2002 and/or by the Italian Navigation Code and/or by other Italian and international regulations in this sector that may be applicable, and always within the limits of 30 kg per person per item of unregistered luggage, including any luggage placed in or on the accompanying vehicle or deposited in the ship’s baggage compartment where existing (pursuant to article 410 of the Italian Navigation Code). The Carrier is in no way liable for any theft, loss or damage to jewellery, money, documents, manuscripts, securities and valuables, wherever they are kept on board. If passengers discover that they have lost any of their personal belongings while still on board the ship, they can report the loss directly to Reception. If the item(s) is/are not found, or if passengers realise that they have forgotten a personal item on board when they have already disembarked from the ship, they can report this to the relevant office of the Company by sending an e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. The loss report must be sent within one week from the date the passenger disembarked. Under no circumstances will the Carrier be obliged to pay any compensation in the event of failure to find the item(s).
- PETS. Pets are considered to be the animals listed in Annex I of Reg. (EU) No 576/2013. Each ship has a certain number of places in the cages; alternatively it will be possible to have the pet in the cabin with the owner, by purchasing the on-board service called pet in cabin, without prejudice to the provisions of the law of 14 February 1974, n. 37 subsequent amendments and additions. for passengers without sight. Pets are not allowed in the common areas, restaurants, armchair lounges and lounges for passengers, with the exception of guide dogs for blind passengers pursuant to law no. 37/1974. Dogs must be kept on a leash and muzzled at all times; otherwise, boarding may be denied. Animals are not allowed inside accompanying vehicles while sailing. Passengers must provide food for their pet. The passenger must look after the animal personally and is obliged to remove excrement, or anything else, produced by the animal. Any damage to the ship, persons or property caused by the animal must be paid for on the spot by its owner. The passenger is responsible for vaccinations and all necessary documentation for travelling and disembarking in the country of destination. For domestic journeys, registration in the canine registry (registered microchip) and a certificate of good health issued by a veterinarian are required. A European Pet Passport The European pet passport includes all the necessary certifications is required for transport between Schengen countries or from a Schengen country to a non-Schengen country. The European pet passport includes all the necessary certifications. Dogs, cats and ferrets brought into the EU from Tunisia must be identified by a microchip or clearly readable tattoo, if affixed before 03/07/2011. The documentation to be presented at the time of embarkation is as follows: health certificate in accordance with Annex IV of the Implementing Regulation (EU) No. 577/2013, copy of the certificate with the animal’s electronic identification data, copy of the certificate with the rabies vaccination data. In addition to the rabies vaccination, these animals have to undergo what is known as ‘antibody titration’. For up-to-date information on the transport of pets, we recommend consulting the Italian Ministry of Health website and the European Union website before purchasing and before travelling. If passengers arrive at check-in with an animal not mentioned on the ticket, the port agent will check the availability of places on board and collect the fare, issuing a ticket. Blind passengers may travel accompanied by a guide dog, in accordance with national (Italian Law no. 376 of 25 August 1988), international and EU regulations (article 11.5 of EU Regulation no. 1177/2010) at no additional cost. The guide dog may travel in the cabin with the passenger. The presence of the guide dog must be reported at the time of embarkation.
- CURRENCY. The currency on board is the Euro. There is no currency exchange. Cheques are not accepted.
- INSURANCE. The ship owner and the Carrier have insurance issued by the P&I Club solely in respect of their liability towards third parties. It is possible to take out a multi-risk insurance policy to cover medical expenses, damage to or loss of luggage, travel cancellation costs and more. For further details and to check the scope and limits of the cover, also in relation to the protections already provided for by law, consult the dedicated page and the information set available here: https://www.grimaldi-lines.com/en/nobis-insurance/
- CANCELLATION OF THE TICKET BY THE PASSENGER. Cancellation of the entire ticket or certain items on the ticket (reduction in the number of passengers, cancellation of vehicle, accommodation, pets) must be communicated in writing to the Carrier at email@example.com, directly or through the intermediary from which the ticket was purchased (e.g. Travel Agency). For special fare tickets, cancellation does not entitle you to a refund unless otherwise provided for in the conditions of applicability of the special offer. For standard-fare tickets, cancellation of all or part of the ticket entitles the passenger to a refund of the value of the entire ticket or the cancelled items, subject to the following penalties:
- 10% of the value, plus fixed charges, up to 30 calendar days before departure;
- 30% of the value, plus fixed charges, from 29 to 7 calendar days before departure;
- 50% of the value, plus fixed charges, from 6 to 2 calendar days before departure;
- 100% of the value, plus fixed charges, from the day before and/or for no-show at embarkation.
Requests to cancel a Standard-fare ticket will not be accepted if the date, time or line has already been changed twice. Meals on board, the pet in cabin, wellness center and the pre-purchased shuttle bus service are refundable, except in the case of cancellation from the day before departure or no-show at embarkation (100% cancellation fee). Convention tickets are refundable according to the above conditions if standard fare; otherwise, they will not be refundable. No reimbursement is due for denied boarding due to refusal by the authority or lack/insufficiency of passenger or vehicle document. An insurance policy can be taken out to cover the above-mentioned cancellation penalties. For further details and to check the scope and limits of the cover, also in relation to the protections already provided for by law, consult the dedicated page and the information set available here: https://www.grimaldi-lines.com/en/nobis-insurance/
- CHANGE OF TICKET BY THE PASSENGER. Within the limits and conditions set out below, both standard and special fare tickets may be modified at the passenger’s request by writing to the Carrier at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or through the intermediary from which the ticket was purchased (e.g. Travel Agency). Change of departure (date, time and/or line) and change and/or addition of passengers, vehicles, accommodation, pets or services is allowed within the limits of passenger seats and garage spaces available on board (varying according to date and sea line). It is not possible to change the fare level (standard fare or special fare) chosen at the time of purchase. If the change results in an increase in the original fare, the passenger must pay the difference. In the event of a change of departure, a change fee of € 30.00 will also apply. If the new journey costs less, the difference will be refunded if the change of ticket is made through the same channel as the original purchase. The Carrier reserves the right to launch special promotional campaigns for a limited time, during the course of the season, with tickets that are non-changeable, as well as non-refundable, or which may be subject to the different conditions of change and/or cancellation specified in the relevant conditions of applicability of the special offer. Change of departure (time, date, line) All tickets issued at both standard and special fares may be subject to a change by the passenger of the time, date and ports (of departure and/or arrival), provided that the change is requested within 2 days from the departure date indicated on the ticket to be changed and only in the event of simultaneous purchase of a journey already available for sale. This type of change will incur a €30 change fee, and any difference in fares if the new trip costs more than the previous one. If the new journey costs less, the difference will be refunded if the change of ticket is made through the same channel as the original purchase. This type of change can be made up to a maximum of 2 times. NB: for tickets purchased by 30th December 2022 (included), any change to the departure date made from 31st December 2022 will imply the adjustment of the premium paid for the purchase of the NOBIS multi-risk insurance policy. Therefore, the passenger will be required to pay the difference between the amount of the premium paid and the amount of the new premium (to view the new insurance premium amounts: https://www.grimaldi-lines.com/en/nobis-insurance/). Change of product (name, accommodation, vehicle) These types of change can be requested up to the day of departure and also at the port ticket offices. No variation fees are charged, but any fare adjustment (if the new product costs more than the previous one) must be paid. The change is subject to availability of the requested product. Exception Tunisia line: for tickets issued with special Tunisia Return Discount fares, name changes can only be requested up to 2 days before the outbound journey. Addition of passenger (adult/child/infant), vehicle, pet, service (meals, pet in cabin, wellness center, Naples-Civitavecchia-Naples shuttle bus) These types of changes can be requested up to the day of departure and also at the port ticket offices. No change fees are charged, but you must pay the cost of the additional passenger, new vehicle (and any fixed fees), animal or service at the rate in force at the time of the change. The change is subject to the availability of seats on board, or of the service requested. When adding the shuttle bus service from Naples to Civitavecchia and vice versa, it is necessary to verify the actual operation by calling +39 081.496.444 in advance. NB: for tickets purchased by 30th December 2022 (included), the addition of a passenger made from 31st December 2022 imply the application of the new NOBIS multi-risk insurance premium for the new passenger (to view the new conditions of the multi-risk insurance: https://www.grimaldi-lines.com/en/nobis-insurance/). No differences will be due for passengers booked before 30th December 2022. The Company reserves the right to launch extraordinary promotional campaigns for a limited time, which may limit or improve the above-mentioned conditions. These changes are specified in the conditions of application of the special offers.
- DELAY OR CANCELLATION OF A TRIP. In the event of cancellations or delays, the Carrier guarantees full compliance with all obligations deriving from current legislation and, in particular, Regulation (EU) no. 1177/2010 and the resolutions adopted by the Transport Regulation Authority. In particular, in the event of a delay, the Carrier will inform passengers of the situation and the estimated time of departure and arrival as soon as possible and, in any case, no later than 30 minutes after the scheduled departure time. If passengers miss a connection due to a delay, the Carrier shall make reasonable efforts to inform passengers of alternative connections. If a journey is cancelled or delayed by more than ninety minutes with respect to the scheduled time of departure, the Carrier offers appropriate assistance, and passengers may choose between:
- alternative transport to the final destination under similar conditions, as soon as possible and at no extra charge;
- reimbursement of the ticket price and, where appropriate, return, free of charge, to the first point of departure indicated in the transport contract, as soon as possible.
In the event of a delay in arrival at the final destination, in the cases provided for by Regulation (EU) No. 1177/2010, the customer may request financial compensation. The minimum threshold below which financial compensation is not provided is € 6 (six). For a full explanation of passengers’ rights, please refer to the relevant section of the website.
- COMPLAINTS. Passengers wishing to lodge a complaint with the Carrier in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 1177/2010 may submit it within two months of the date on which the service was performed or should have been performed. Within one month of receiving the complaint, the Carrier must notify the passenger that the complaint has been accepted, rejected or is still under consideration. The time taken to provide a definitive response to the complaint will not exceed two months from receipt thereof. Complaints can be sent in Italian and/or English:
– by e-mail to email@example.com
– by certified mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
– by ordinary / registered mail to: Grimaldi Euromed SpA, via Marchese Campodisola n. 13, 80133 Naples, Italy.
The complainant may use the complaint form which can be downloaded from the website www.grimaldi-lines.comin the Complaints section, or send a communication containing at least:
- the user’s identification details (name, surname, address), enclosing a copy of his or her identity document, and the identification details of their representative (if any), enclosing the power of attorney;
- identification information for the journey (date, time of departure, origin and destination) and for the transport contract (reservation code or ticket number);
- a description of the inconsistency of the service with requirements defined by European or national legislation and general conditions of carriage.
In the event of failure to respond to a complaint within the time limits set out above, where the complaint has been submitted in full and in the manner set out above, or where the response is deemed unsatisfactory, the passenger may:
- use the procedure for the out-of-court settlement of disputes before the bodies contemplated by the resolution of the Transport Regulation Authority no. 21/2023 by initiating a conciliation procedure before the Chamber of Commerce of the place of residence and/or domicile of the passenger;
- submit a second instance complaint to the competent national authority of the European Union Member State in whose territory the port of departure is located, or the port of destination if the port of departure is in a non-EU country, in accordance with the procedures indicated by the competent authority (for Italy, the Transport Regulation Authority, see https://www.autorita-trasporti.it/trasporto-via-mare-e-per-vie-navigabili-interne/; for other Member States, see https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/themes/passengers/maritime/doc/2010_1177_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf).
In the event of a delay in the Carrier’s response to the complaint, if the port of departure is in Italy (or the port of destination if the port of departure is in a non-EU country), the passenger will be entitled to automatic compensation as provided for in measure no. 5 of the Authority’s resolution no. 83/2019 available on the Authority’s website at the following link https://www.autorita-trasporti.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/All.-A-delibera-n.-83_2019.pdf
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. For all disputes arising from the passenger transport contract, an out-of-court settlement procedure can be used before the organizations contemplated by the resolution of the Transport Regulation Authority n. 21/2023. In the cases provided for by the aforementioned resolution (Annex A, articles 3 and 4), the obligatory attempt at conciliation constitutes a condition for admissibility of any action before the courts. will be referred to the Chamber of Commerce of the place of residence and/or domicile of the consumer and resolved according to the Conciliation Regulation adopted by the same. The conciliation attempt referred to in point 1 above constitutes a condition for admissibility of any legal action pursuant to article 5, paragraph 5, of Legislative Decree no. 28/2010.
- DECREE No 38 of 11/05/2020
(Directive (EU) 2017/2109 amending Directive 98/41/EC on the registration of persons sailing on board passenger ships) When making a reservation or purchase, the customer must provide the following data: surname, first name, nationality, date of birth, gender, identity document number (only for non-Schengen routes), mobile phone number, e-mail address. In addition, the passenger may indicate a contact number in case of emergency and any of his or her own needs for special care and/or assistance in emergency situations. The data provided will be processed in accordance with Italian Law no. 675 of 31/12/1996.