Coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention: we protect traffic in the Mediterranean
The Grimaldi Group has an important role to play in guaranteeing the supply of Mediterranean countries, and we do our best to protect both our customers and our staff from the effects of COVID-19.
The Grimaldi Group has not planned any cancellation of departures. Procedures onboard and ashore are ready to be modified according to the instructions and guidelines provided by Health and other Authorities.
Grimaldi vessels operating in the Mediterranean are mostly dedicated to the transport of freight, while those units designed for passenger traffic too are, in any case, equipped with spaces that limit the exposure to infectious diseases, also in consideration of the low seasonality and of the foreseen restrictions.
In any case, intensified precautionary measures are taken on board our ships in order to ensure the safety of passengers, truck drivers and crew members.
• Drivers will be assigned, if available, cabins for exclusive use on Grimaldi Cruise Ferries, Ro-Pax and Ro-Ro vessels. In consideration of the current restriction of passenger traffic, we are confident that we will have sufficient cabins to satisfy any request;
• Frequent cleaning and disinfection, in particular cleaning of door handles, handrails, elevator knobs, remote controls and table tops;
• Detailed instructions have been given to our crew members on how to prevent risks and manage any person with flu-like symptoms and/or symptoms attributable to the infection;
• Posters and flyers promoting prevention measures (hand washing, social distancing and cough etiquette) as recommended by Health Authorities.
The Grimaldi Group follows and applies daily the instructions of the Governmental, Maritime as well as National and International Health Authorities, in order to counter the spread of the epidemic.
In addition, our customers are recommended the following:
• If a driver has symptoms attributable to virus infection, he must not travel;
• No passenger from and to Sicily or Sardinia is allowed on board unless he has the authorization of the President of the Region;
• Drivers are asked to avoid cash and card payments (except “contactless” electronic payments) if possible, and to avoid contact when handing over identification documents to the check-in staff.
Take care of yourself and stay safe!
Grimaldi Group Commercial Department