STATUS OF DEPARTURES AND DOCUMENTS TO TRAVEL
TRAVELS FROM/TO SARDINIA
You are allowed to travel from the Italy to Sardinia and viceversa.
From the continent to the island, all passengers are required to register before boarding using the appropriate online model.
Each passenger must present the registration form or receipt, together with the boarding pass and a valid identity document.
TRAVELS FROM/TO SPAIN
Routes from Italy to Spain
In collaboration with the competent authorities, Grimaldi Lines informs the application of the INT / 578/2020 Ordinance of 29 June (https://boe.es/boe/dias/2020/06/30/pdfs/BOE-A- 2020-6902.pdf)), which extends the temporary limitation of non-essential travel from third countries to the European Union and associated Schengen countries, according to which it will be subject to the refusal of entry, for reasons of public policy or public health , every person who is a citizen of a third country, unless he belongs to one of the exceptional categories including:
1. habitual residents of the European Union, associated Schengen States or Andorra, Monaco, El Vaticano (Holy See) or San Marino.
2. Holders of a long-term visa issued by a Member State or a Schengen associated state that apply it.
3. cross-border workers.
4. health professionals, including researchers, or assistance to the elderly who come or go from exercising their job.
5. personnel dedicated to the transport of goods in the exercise of their work, which includes the crew of the ships, in order to ensure the provision of maritime transport services and fishing activities; and flight personnel required to carry out commercial air transport activities. It will be an indispensable condition that guarantee the immediate continuation of the trip.
6. personnel from diplomatic, consular, international, military and humanitarian organizations, in the exercise of their functions.
7. Students who study in the Member States or associated Schengen States and who have the corresponding permit or visa.
8. Highly qualified workers whose work is necessary and cannot be postponed or carried out remotely. These circumstances must be documented justified.
9. people traveling for family reasons duly accredited.
10. people who document documentary reasons of force majeure or situation of necessity or whose entry is allowed for humanitarian reasons.
This ordinance is valid until 08/07/2020
All passengers must fill in a form that must be presented on arrival in Spain. It can be downloaded at this link
In any case, given the changing regulatory situation, passengers are strongly advised to always consult the current regulations in order to verify that they are duly compliant with the legal and administrative requirements for entry into Spain and that they are not subject to restrictions on entry in the national territory. Non-compliance with the regulations is their sole responsibility, given that the competent administrative authorities can deny entry if they do not meet the criteria required by the Spanish government.
Routes from Spain to Italy
In accordance with the Prime Ministerial Decree of 11/06 and the Minister of Health Ordinance of 30/06, entry into Italy is allowed from 1st July for:
For more information, please visit the embassy website at the following link: https://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia. html
TRAVELS FROM/TO SICILY
All passengers, non-residents or domiciled there, travelling from the continent to Sicily between June 8th and September 30th 2020, are required to register before boarding using the appropriate online form.
TRAVEL FROM/TO GREECE
From 1st July it will be possible to travel from Italy to Greece after completing an online questionnaire published on the Greek Government website https://travel.gov.gr/#/, to be made no later than 48 hours before the trip .
The form contains a series of questions about your trip, including the “cabin or armchair number“, “name of the ship” field where you can enter the word “TBA” (since it will not be known yet).
Once the questionnaire is completed, you will receive an email containing a QR code.
In order to accept customers on board, Grimaldi Lines must check possession of this code during boarding (one for each passenger); it will also be done by the Greek authorities during the landing.
TRAVEL FROM/TO MOROCCO
Routes to / from Morocco
it is reported that passenger transport is suspended until July the 10th 2020.
TRAVELS FROM/TO TUNISIA
TRAVEL FROM ITALY TO TUNISIA
The Tunisian government has classified foreign countries into 3 categories, to which different restrictive measures will be applied (green category: low diffusion; orange category: medium diffusion; red category: countries at risk).
The lists will be updated periodically based on the trend of contagion in individual countries and can be consulted at the link: http://www.santetunisie.rns.tn.
In the assessment, the passenger’s country of residence will be considered, who must in any case fill in a form on their health (also online http://coronavirus.rns.tn/fiche-sanitaire2020/fiche-sanitaire/fiche.php) before to start the journey (HEALTH CARD MODEL).
Green category: passengers from countries included in the green category are not subject to special restrictive measures. ITALY is included in the green category.
Orange category: passengers from countries included in the orange category must compulsorily present a laboratory certificate during the check-in phase, certifying the negative result of the COVID-19 test (RT test – PCR) carried out in the 72 hours prior to travel and which however, it does not exceed 120 hours from the date of issue upon entry into Tunisia.
Upon arrival in Tunisia from orange countries the following measures apply:
For Tunisians residing abroad and for foreigners residing in Tunisia (with domicile in Tunisia):
1) Obligation to submit a self-isolation declaration for 14 days and to perform a second test if Covid19 symptoms occur;
2) after the sixth day of home stay on request and at the expense of the interested party, the possibility of taking tests.
For tourists and Tunisians staying in the hotel:
1) Transfer of tourist groups by escorted bus to the hotels declared compliant with the Tourism Health Protocol, monitored stay in the hotel with the possibility of movement outside the hotel only for organized visits (museums, monuments, archaeological sites) in compliance with the protocol health of each site;
2) possibility of carrying out Covid tests (RT –PCR) at one’s own expense after the sixth day of stay in Tunisia to leave the monitored stay or at the request of the country of residence.
Given the closure of the borders between Tunisia and Algeria and Libya, passengers of Algerian and Libyan nationality cannot be boarded. We recommend consulting the Tunisian embassy / consulate for more details.
Since the provisions are constantly updated, we ask all passengers traveling to Tunisia to take information from the competent authorities, such as, for example, the embassy and consulates, independently.
TRAVEL FROM TUNISIA TO ITALY
Based on art. 6 of the Prime Ministerial Decree of 11 June 2020, until 30 June 2020, travel to / from States and territories other than Schengen territories is only permitted for proven work, absolute urgency or health needs. In any case, return to your home, home or residence is allowed.
Those who return to Italy from Tunisia have yet to complete a specific SELF-CERTIFICATION ON THE REASONS FOR THE TRIP, must undergo fiduciary isolation for 14 days and CANNOT use public transport other than that used to enter Italy. Rental of cars and the use of taxis or rental with driver is allowed.
The self-certification must be presented in duplicate for boarding.
TRAVEL FROM/TO MALTA
Routes to / from Malta
• Salerno-Malta (and vice versa)
• Catania-Malta (and vice versa)
it is reported that passenger transport is suspended until June 30th, 2020